Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Run-up to Halo 4

Last time, we spoke a bit about Halo 4 (box art, Limited Edition, etc.).

Today I'd like to talk a bit about the lore that will lead up to the game's release. I've been reading Book 1 of the Forerunner Saga by Greg Bear.

It's called Cryptum, and tells the story (in the first person) of a Forerunner named Bornstellar, who ends up helping a long-exiled Promethean (an extremely powerful class of the Forerunners) by the name of The Didact. It really is a riveting book, and while I'm usually not fond of first-person perspectives, it hasn't really bothered me.

I'm going to derail for a moment to say this: Along the way we learn of The Librarian and The Confirmer... which leads me to believe that Forerunners are actually Time Lords.

Anyway, if you're into books, and into Halo, then I definitely suggest checking these out, as well as the other books in the Halo Library (except The Flood. That was a pretty terrible retelling of the Halo:Combat Evolved story). $10 on the Nook store, available in paperback if you roll that way.

Get to it! November 6 approaches!

No comments:

Post a Comment