Tuesday, May 22, 2012

SpaceX has launched the Falcon 8 rocket!

This is a pretty historic day, ladies and gentlemen!

The first private spacecraft is currently on its way to the International Space Station!

I know a lot of people-- myself included-- were very disenchanted when NASA's funding was cut and they announced there would be no more manned missions in the foreseeable future. They implied the private sector would step up to the plate, but I don't think I really believed it.

Well, I can honestly say that crow is tasty. In this case, I like being wrong!

The last month or so has actually been pretty exciting as well. We had the asteroid mining press conference, and now this? Pretty awesome!

Now... I need to bitch a bit. Gizmodo, well-known tech and gadget blog, has yet to mention anything about the Falcon 9 launch. A tech blog (which, I will admit, has gotten much less "tech" and much more... well, I don't know what, exactly) fails to report on one of the most exciting technology events that we've seen in awhile?

Wow.

Oh, and one other thing... North Korea? This is how you do it.

Please visit SpaceX for more information about their program, and the launch!

No comments:

Post a Comment